In a recent NFPA article, they discussed different types of piping that can be used in sprinkler systems. Let’s take a closer look at the benefits and drawbacks of each.
- Fire Resistant
- Rigidity (can be spaced further apart)
- Susceptible to Pitting and Corrosion
COPPER AND COPPER ALLOYS
- More Corrosion-Resistant
- Stays Smoother Internally
- More Expensive
- Highest Corrosion Resistance and is
- Smoother than most metals.
- Not as Durable
- Not as Fire-Resistant
When considering what type of pipe to use in a sprinkler system, it is important to weigh the benefits versus the drawbacks. Where the piping is installed is another important factor to consider.
If you need to install a system, please feel free to reach out to us to discuss your specific needs.